University College London, UK
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Public Policy, Department of Political Science
PAST ACADEMIC POSITIONS
European University Institute, Italy [2019-2020]
- Max Weber Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Economics
BOCCONI UNIVERSITY, ITALY [2014-2019]
- PhD in Public Policy and Administration, awarded cum laude in May 2019
- Details: full Scholarship holder
- Prizes: PhD Prize for Public Policy and Administration, 2014/2015
- Committee: Anthony Bertelli, Paola Profeta, Tommaso Nannicini
- Thesis: “Three Essays on Agency and Accountability in Politics and Governance”
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, USA [2016-2017]
- Associate of the Department of Economics, visiting period for the academic year 2016-2017
- Prizes: 9-month Fulbright-Schuman Award scholarship, 2016-2017
- Under the supervision of Professor Claudia Goldin
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON (UCL), UK [2011-2012]
- MA in European Studies: Modern European Studies
- Grade: Distinction
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, UK (BALLIOL COLLEGE) [2007-2011]
- BA Oxon. Hons. in Modern Languages (French & Italian)
- Grade: First Class (Honours)
- Prizes: Higgs Exhibition (2008) and Higgs Scholarship for Excellence in Modern Languages (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
Accountability and Corruption Displacement: Evidence from Italy in Journal of Public Policy.
Electoral Rules, Women’s Representation and the Qualification of Politicians with Paola Profeta, in Comparative Political Studies.
Hybrid Governance and the Attribution of Political Responsibility: Experimental Evidence from the United States with Paolo Belardinelli and Anthony Bertelli, in Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory.
The Political Cost of Public-Private Partnerships: Theory and Evidence from Colombian Infrastructure Development with Anthony Bertelli and Camila Angulo Amaya in Governance.
- Corruption, Democracy and Infrastructure Agreements with Anthony Bertelli and Valentina Mele in Administration & Society.
Cambridge University Press, Elements Series: Partnership Communities: Public-Private Partnerships and Non-Market Infrastructure Development Around the World, with Anthony Bertelli, Michele Castiglioni and Paolo Belardinelli.
New Frontiers in the Politics of Public-Private Partnerships, with Anthony Bertelli in the forthcoming book Research Agenda for Public-Private Partnerships and the Governance of Infrastructure: New Frontiers and Themes in a Contested World, edited by Carsten Greve and Graeme Hodge, Edward Elgar Publishing.
Public-Private Partnerships, Distributive Politics, and Infrastructure Development (under review).
- Corruption by Politicians Reduces Pro-Social Behavior by Bureaucrats: Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh, with Jan-Hinrik Meyer-Sahling, Kim Sass Mikkelsen, Christian Schuster, Kazi Maruful Islam and Taiabur Rahman.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON, UK [2020-]
- Theories and Actors of the Policy Process, MSc in Public Policy
- Policy Making, BSc in Politics and International Relations
- Editorial Assistant at the Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press [2018-Oct. 2019]
- Reviewer: American Journal of Political Science, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Public Administration Review, Governance, Journal of Public Policy, Review of Public Economics, European Journal of Political Economy, The Economic Journal
- Member: American Political Science Association, Midwest Political Science Association, Public Management Research Association
- Co-organiser of the EUI Natural and Field Experiments (NAFS) Working Group and secured funding for NAFS Max Weber workshops, featuring Imai Kosuke, Don Green and Alex Coppock. Sponsor: Miriam Golden
Full CV available here: